Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Second Honeymoon!





So Lanny got tired of waiting for me to post our Hawaii pictures. I kept telling him I had to blog about Christmas first...but life just kept happening and I never found the time so Lanny got on and blogged about Hawaii but I feel like I want to blog about it too...so here it goes.

Last Spring Lanny told me about a conference being held in Hawaii and wanted to know if he should submit a paper for publication so we could go to Hawaii and present it. I said that would be the coolest so to go for it. Well we heard back in the summer that the paper was accepted and that he was invited to present it at the conference in January. I kept trying to think of ways to justify the expense and decided that since we only got a three day honeymoon in Utah...that we should take a second honeymoon in Hawaii. My parents took the kids and we got to spend 5 days alone! Well it ended up 2 days of travel so only three real days in Hawaii but hey I will take anything I can get. I must warn all of you though....if you go to Hawaii don't just spend three days there...there is too much to see and do...let alone you need time to relax and sit on the beach. We were so busy with the conference that we only got to sight see one full day and only got some walks on the beach at sunset...no tan :( I missed my boys like crazy and cried a couple times but overall I loved just staring at the love of my life and enjoying an uninterupted conversation. It was fun to see Lanny present his paper and learn more about his area of study. Returning home was sweet too, Ethan gave the best hugs and kisses and Asher gave me the sweetest smile and just stroked my face (I wonder if he was making sure it wasn't a dream). Oh I love my boys...all three of them!

3 comments:

Davis said...

That is awesome that you got to go to Hawaii. What a nice trip. Those pictures are beautiful. Bryan keeps talking about his trip there and he wants to take me, I hope we get to go.

Amanda said...

I'm glad you guys got to go on a second honeymoon, even if it was too short. What is it that Lanny is getting his degree in?

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.