Friday, March 27, 2009

New York with Family

Lanny's parents were coming to New York City with his father's job so they wanted to know if we could meet them there. We said yes of course!!! Getting to see family and see New York City...perfect combo!



Sorry I got my pics a little out of order.....but anyway. I have a cousin that lives in New Jersey so I asked if we could see her over the weekend and she came with her cute family and meet us in the city. She was a lovely tour guide and showed us the American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, and took us to the Brooklyn Diner. (Very Yummy) [Picture- Laura with her cute kids Kate and Ben (her husband, Brian was taking the pic)...then of course Lanny, Ethan, Asher and I)]




Ethan and I in the Ellis Island Museum. This is actually the room where the immigrants would come to register. Very cool but Ethan and Asher basically were into running around the museum and trying to play hide and seek. Oh well.




Ethan and Daddy in front of the Ellis Island monument/museum.




Asher running around the Statue of Liberty. I love him in this puffy coat (thank you Amber) It is kind of funny, he can't put his arms all the way down...reminds me of that movie...I think it is called A Christmas Story?




Daddy chasing Asher by the Statue of Liberty....I love the picture of New York City behind them. It was a very cold Spring Day...it was just lightly snowing a few hours before.



Lanny, Asher,Grandpa Lee,Grandma Laurie, and Ethan in front of the Statue of Liberty.




Grandpa and Ethan in front of the Dinosaur at the Toys R Us in New York City. It was very life like (Roar and all) and the boys loved it!



The Toys R Us also had a ferris wheel inside the store...how cool is that! Grandma treated us to a ride and we lucked out and got the megablocks car to ride in. (We were crossing our fingers hoping we didn't get the Barbie or Cabbage Patch car) Ethan also got to pick out toys for his birthday from his grandparents since it was only a few days away. He was so thrilled with this, he kept saying I am soooooo happy!



We got to take the subway around New York and Ethan thought is was the coolest. Most of the time it was very crowded but this just happened to be a time when we got the car all to ourselves.



Ethan playing on the subway!

I have to say we had a blast with our family and thought New York was very exciting. But I would just like to warn those of you with small children...not the most children friendly city. Public bathrooms are very hard to find and the monuments were not so exciting for the kids...but it was a great adventure. So if you can come with out your kids it would be a blast...but if you take your small children it will be a wild adventure! (I wish I could have taken more pictures but I found myself chasing my little monkeys more than usual)

5 comments:

Hannah S said...

I am so glad you went! I can imagine what it would have been like w/kids but at least you had help! We saw that ferris wheel that's cool that you got to go. I didn't know Laura lived in NJ now. I think she looks like your mom.
I wish we would have gone to Ellis Island. I like all your coats including Lanny's. Yes, you're right about the movie. hilarious.
Yay for having fun in NYC!

Davis said...

That sounds really nice. Bryan and I are planning a trip to DC and we will be venturing up to New York City in July. I can't wait!!! It will be so much fun!! Someday we will come and visit you, I would love to see Boston!

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Cute pics, your boys are getting so big. New York looks like it was totally fun!

Jenn said...

Just caught up on your blog, which I've never seen for some reason! So cute! This looks like a fun but challenging trip to New York. So many fun things to see, but you're right -- it's tricky with kids. When we lived in NJ, we would plan trips to the city and only do ONE thing, and we'd be totally wiped out by the end of the day. Henry made a lot of good memories though, and I think he has seen the Statue of Liberty more than any other 3-year-old out there! Talk to you soon :)

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.