Saturday, April 5, 2008

My big brown eyed boy!

A month or so before Ethan's birthday he would ask us everyday...Am I four yet? So on his birthday we woke him up and told him today was the day! Our family tradition is to open presents as soon as you wake up...so this is why Ethan is sporting his footie pj's.
Just a few of his many presents!
All of you who know Ethan know that action figures are his true love in life (well that or mud...too close to call) He got mini ninja turtles...oh joy!
Oreo cookie cake....blue frosting and blue candles of course!
Two of Ethan's buddies at his first friend birthday party!
I tried to do some games but they just wanted to throw the balloons around the room and play with balls! Hey whatever makes them happy right!
So when I asked Ethan what kind of a party he wanted he said a blue one. This kid is obsessed with the color blue. He even told us our car was ugly because it was white and that we needed to buy a blue one. Ahhh! Anyway...the theme of his party was BLUE. We had blue party decorations, blue cup cakes, ice cream with blue swirls, blue juice, we had the kids wear something blue, and we made a blue craft.
For our blue craft we had the kids paint blue t-shirts. They were a little big so I bet they will be great night shirts....as Ethan is modeling his for you!


Since my little bug turned 4 I thought I would list my four favorite things about Ethan.
1- His big heart...he is the sweetest boy! He gives the best hugs and kisses and always tells me I am his best friend...oh melt my heart!
2- His cute little face....he is always giving huge smiles...mostly mischevious....and those big brown eyes...it is so hard to tell him no!
3- His adventerous spirit- he is such a boy...loves dirt, water, bubbles, building towers and getting into mischief!
4- His imagination- He is always pretending to be a superhero...and he has made up some pretty cool words...haybesaybe

Oh I love my little boy!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ahhh I forgot to do spell check...so forgive my horrible spelling!!!!

Hannah S said...

What an awesome cake! That looks really cool and yummy!
It looks like his blue day went well! And that is a good idea about the 4 things you love about him. Thanks for sharing!!!

Sally F said...

What a cute kid. Can you believe he's four already?! Where does time go?

Kelli France said...

Looks like a FUN birthday party! He is such a cutie.