Saturday, April 12, 2008

Enjoying Ethan!

One of Ethan's passions in life is playing play dough. Lately he has been making superhero's. He came and got me and said Mom guess who....well since he added the cape I didn't have a hard time guessing....Superman!



I am loving Ethan at 4 years old...don't get me wrong...I have and will always love him...I guess what I should say is I am really enjoying this stage. Ethan and I made up a game that involved throwing a soccer ball off our deck and pretend bombs...it was really simple but we played it for two days in a row and it was a blast. (p.s. my complaining worked...spring came!) Anyway...I was so used to taking Ethan to the park or back yard and just chasing him forever or trying to keep him from eating dirt. Now he actually plays with me! I am loving this! He also decided he likes to swing. Now when we go to the park I can put both Asher and Ethan in a swing and just stand in one place....a very new experience for me!



I love some of the conversations I have with Ethan too...he totally cracks me up. For example:

Ethan: Mom, Aliya and Melissa are pretty. (These are his little friends from
sunbeams)

Me: Yes, they are.

Ethan: They are "My" girls.

Me: Your girls?

Ethan: Yes and I will be so sad if I lose them. I want to keep them forever.

Me: They are fun girls, why do you like them?

Ethan: They are pretty and they wrestle me.

Me: Do you like when they wrestle you?

Ethan: Yes (with a lot of enthusiasm) it is really fun!


Hey what more could you want in a girl....pretty and likes to wrestle...his UFC loving Dad would be proud! Well I don't think polygamy is going to be reinstated any time soon so he will eventually have to pick just one.....just kidding. I think he is so sweet that he likes these cute little girls. (And yes! ...they are both really good at wrestling Ethan down!)

They say enjoy your child at every stage and I am definitely going to try!


4 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Trying to keep him from eating dirt. HAHA!! So true! Parker has fallen in love with swinging too and it's so nice.

Heath, when you called me Park had just pooped his pants. Call me again this week!

Hannah S said...

Yay! It sounds like spring is springing up your spirits! it's good to good mommy experiences!

Brosita said...

Love the play-doe superman!

You have fun kids!

Sally F said...

That's a great superman! It's always bittersweet when they're in a stage I really like, because then I get a little sad that they'll grow out of it, and that they won't always be that cute. But then I really try and enjoy the moments.