Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finishing out the week

AHHH I did it again! I loaded the pictures and they are out of order...oh well. I will tell you about each one so it shouldn't matter too much. These are some more pictures of the week my Mom came. We did so much! It is always so much more fun to go and do things when you have family in town. This was taken in Concord, MA. It is the Old North Bridge where the famous "shot heard round the world" was fired on April 19Th 1775. There are a couple monuments here to honor the fallen Minute men and British soldiers.
I had to take a picture of this tree...near the visitor center at the Old North Bridge. The blossoms here are just amazing to me! Whenever I see them I get so giddy! Oh I love the smell and beauty of Spring!

We went to Walden Pond (where Henry David Thoreau wrote his famous Walden) I had no idea it would be so big! It looks more like a large lake. The water was freezing but our friends tell us it gets warm in the summer and is a great swimming spot. Ethan had so much fun playing in the sand and water. There were some people swimming in full body wetsuits...it must have inspired Ethan because he jumped in after that despite our warnings....good thing we keep an extra set of clothes in our trunk ...just for "special Ethan adventures"!!!


We went to the pond around 5:00pm so it was starting to get dark and it was hard to get pictures that were not really dark. I will have to go back and take lots of pictures to post for all of you! Walden Pond is truly my favorite place we have visited so far. The beauty was amazing to me. It isn't very far from my house...I think I will go by myself so I can just sit in silence and take in all the beauty. You all have to see it for yourselves...so please feel free to visit soon...I can't wait to see it in the fall...it already takes my breathe away!


Oh I want a canoe. How peaceful would it be to go canoeing on this great beauty!


Ralph Waldo Emerson's home.
Ethan was trying to hide so he wouldn't have to be in the picture...ha ha...we got him!

Our little family outside of the Concord Museum.....very cool museum! It had the famous Paul Revere Lantern and some personal items of Thoreau and Emerson...along with early American antiques. I would love to go back without Ethan. He just wanted to touch everything and you weren't allowed to touch anything. So we played I spy...while holding him (so he couldn't run away and get into trouble)...and ahh he is getting a little too heavy for that!


My Mom in front of Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House....House of Little Women


Ethan waving hello while playing in the stream that ran under the Old North Bridge. My Mom got this picture while playing with her zoom on her camera (She was standing on the bridge). I love it...it totally capture his cute little personality!


Grandma and Asher on the Old North Bridge.

My mom picked the perfect week to come...it was the first week that we had nice weather..and it didn't rain. Since then we have had a ton of rain and random sunny days.....but hey it is now gorgeous green with blossoms and flowers everywhere! I can't wait to get my new camera and get out there and capture a New England Spring! You will all be jealous and then come and visit...right?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

GREAT pictures Heather. What amazing scenery! I'm so glad your mom was able to come visit. I bet you were sad to see her go!

Heather, my phone is lame and I never hear it ring. E-mail me your phone number and I'm going to call you this week!

Hannah S said...

Yes, I am jealous but that is why we are most likely going to come this fall! I will start looking for tickets soon!

Kelli France said...

Oh wow! It is beautiful there! Looks like you had fun wich yo mama (a little ebonics for ya).

a curious Koelliker said...

umm... hi:
this is really strange, but well, i was surfing on internet trying to found more relatives with my STRANGE last name, and well big surprise i found this page. im 23 years old, my huge but unique family is from mexico, but right now i live alone in buenos aires studing my career. well "family" im sorry if i disturb u but if someone want to contact a -lost koelliker- i would love to be in touch with u.
friendly...
rodrigo s. koelliker (kelito3@hotmail.com)