Saturday, May 24, 2008

More of my week with my Mom

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to finish my fun week with my Mom...man it has been a month since she was here! Ok...so better late than never right? One day we went to the Boston LDS temple. Wow...oh so beautiful. I of course got lost trying to find the temple (driving in Boston is the worst!!!) so we were 10 mins late for the session and they only have them every hour so we had plenty of time to take pictures and relax before the next session.
Just a fun picture of Asher. He just started crawling when my Mom came and he thought it was funny to try and crawl and get the camera from me. Ethan hates that he can fit into his old Batman pj's. When he wears them he says "Take them off Mom...he is not Batman...he is just Baby Asher!"

Sleepy Hollow Cemetery is in Concord, MA. It is so beautiful and has some very famous authors buried here. They are all buried on a hill ...it is called Author's corner. (Thoreau, Hawthorne, Alcott, Emerson, and Whitman) ahh I hope I didn't forget anyone.


I tried to get a picture of the cemetery from the top of Author's corner....it was such a pretty day. The cemetery is huge. I think one of the things I love about New England is all the old cemeteries. I hope that doesn't sound morbid but oh well. The large variety of head stones just appeals to the eye and gives a pleasant melancholy feeling. It reminds me of my British Literature tour in college. We would often visit the graves of the British Authors.

I took pictures of all the author's graves...but this one came out the best...the other ones were hard to read with all the shadows. This one is Nathaniel Hawthorne's. Another cool thing is they were all in their family lots so we were able to see their parents, wife, and children's graves also.


No comments: